- Brazil has the largest economy in Latin America with important agriculture, manufacturing and mining sectors.
- International corporations are investing in Brazil and Brazil is also becoming an a source of outward investment.
- Suframa is a program that promotes economic and social development of the Amazon Region.
- Bahia State has important agriculture and industrial sectors plus large mineral and petroleum deposits. In recent years the growing and processing of soy has increased substanially in the State.
- Soybeans, Corn and Sugarcane are the primary crops in Minas Gerais State.
- For Canadian companies the following sectors present opportunities for trade, technology transfer and investment:
- Aerospace, Agriculture, Information and Communications Technology, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Oil and Gas Equipment.